Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It's been a long time

How does that Boston song go? Oh well. It has been a long time since I've used the therapeutic power of writing to help me through life. It's not like my life has been boring and uneventful. Last month my girlfriend of almost four years (close to six if you count online and times I drove up to see her) left me to return home. She filled up a 24 foot moving truck, a couple cars and a van with stuff and headed north with her son and dog. After one weekend of feeling miserable I reversed my attitude and was determined to stay positive through the whole situation. I started looking for people and started contacting friends that I had either lost track of or simply just didn't talk to much. My search found someone who is now moved in with me and renting one of the bedrooms of my house. I have started the sizable cleanup effort inside the house and have a couple of the rooms ready to repaint. I have plans for my deck off to the homeowners association and hope to start real work on that soon.

No comments: