Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Spam flood, again

Did anybody else get almost triple the amount of unsolicited emails overnight? I usually get a couple hundred but this morning I had just over a thousand waiting for me in my oldest mail account's bulk folder.

Seriously, though; why hasn't someone done something about this? Most messages I am getting appear to be from an eight year old list (i.e. great mortgage rates for the apartment I lived in eight years ago) so you figure someone would have found the ass-bag responsible for spreading that list and fed them to crocodiles somewhere. If you scan through most of your bulk mail message there isn't one damn legitimate business in there. Even if only half of the message are fraudulent, in the above case there were over 500 individual instances of attempted fraud.

No comments: