Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blog of the Dead

I started my Blog of the Dead this morning.

Originally, when searching for the blogger URL I grew increasingly frustrated with the number of names already taken. The blogofthedead is in use by "Blogs from the Dead" and hasn't been updated in over a year. Most of the others I looked at were in use as well. One idiot has a single "first post" blog in use, template still with the "edit me" links. Their policy on old blogs is to keep them forever (they never delete them unless they violate terms of service) and they suggested I contact the author. Guess how many mail addresses were still in use... I looked at other blog services and even considered maintaining my own blog software on a free server somewhere but did not want the hassle. My Grouchy id is on Blogger. So I simply used "blogofthedead" backwards (daedehtfogolb).

So, have a peek at the "daeD eht fo golB", err, Blog of the Dead. My only hope is that it isn't a waste of your time (well, actually if you are already here at this blog you are already wasting time, so I guess I really don't care nor should I in a logical sense).

No comments: