Saturday, January 21, 2006

Old aquarium pictures

I was going through "My Documents" on my main workstation and came across some older pictures of my aquariums back when I had just a 29 gallon, 10 gallon and 5 gallon tank.

picture of 10 gallon tank

This is the 10 gallon tank that contained the pearl gourami left for me in a plastic Blue Jackets cup by my neighbor who was moving away, three platys (one still living), two bronze corydoras (in back left of half pot), and little plec #2.

picture of 5 gallon corydora fry tank

This is a snapshot of the offspring produced by the two parents (bronze corydoras above) in a 5 gallon tank.

picture of 29 gallon tank with tiger barbs

This 29 gallon tank started it all. It came down from Michigan with my girlfriend. The fish that survived initial forays into aquarium management were the tiger barbs (featured here). There are two albino corydoras, old plec and little plec #1 (RIP, killed by the shark). The 29 gallon tank was taken down and later rebuilt with a sand base and currently has most of the surviving fry from the 5 gallon tank above (about eight are in my 55 gallon tank). Sometime soon I'm going to donate the fry to Jack's Aquarium and Pets in try my hand at cichlids.

No comments: