Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lord (bored) of the Rings

I received the Lord of the Rings Extended Box Set in the middle of this week. I have already seen the theatrical versions of “The Fellowship of the Ring” and “The Two Towers” so I viewed “Return of the King” on Wednesday. About four and a half hours later (or so), it was over and I have to admit through the splendor and grandeur that is Peter Jackson’s trilogy I was glad it was over. It seemed like forever. I’m not sure if the first two entries will be as extended as the last was but it would be easy to sink into a sofa surrounded by munchies and just disappear for a day – just to watch the movies. There are still six DVD’s of extras and “Appendixes” to go through.

I did notice one problem when viewing “Return of the King” on my big screen using progressive video component output. The output freaked into white lines for a couple of scenes.

No comments: