Imagine my surprise when I saw this headline on NBC4's website:
Restaurant Closed After Failing Health Inspection
It has probably been close to a year since I last visited the Chinese Village Restaurant on North High Street, about three or four years since I regularly visited it with a friend that worked in The Ohio State campus area. I had noticed the past couple of times that business seemed down and it was the same two people there running the place.
"Officials found rodent urine on pipes" ... "human waste is contaminating stored food in the basement of the building" ... "it (human waste) was leaking (from a pipe) when we were there a couple of different times" ... "the food inside here is moldy, inside this cooler."
This doesn't surprise me, though. The restaurant always had a run-down look to it even years ago when I remember the small place being packed with customers.
Still, they had the best noodle selection in town. They are one of two places that offer chow fun the right way. Their rice noodle bowls were always delicious. The standard "Chinese food" dishes were always good as well.
It's sad to see such an establishment like this go south so badly. Hopefully the owner and his wife get the offered help and turn the place back into one of the best kept secrets on campus for cheap, good food.